A message from our HHS partner
Attestation for the Medicare EHR Incentive Program Begins Today!
Today, attestation for the Medicare EHR Incentive Program begins. This means that eligible professionals (EPs), eligible hospitals, and critical access hospitals (CAHs) can attest through the CMS web-based attestation system and be on their way to receiving Medicare EHR incentive payments.
We can help you successfully attest
Several new CMS resources can help you successfully navigate the Medicare EHR Incentive Program:
- A new attestation page on the CMS EHR website, where participants in the Medicare EHR Incentive Program can find important information on attestation.
- The Meaningful Use Attestation Calculator allows EPs and eligible hospitals to check whether they have met meaningful use guidelines before they attest in the system. The calculator prints a copy of each EP's or eligible hospital's specific measure summary.
- The Eligible Professional User Guide and the Eligible Hospital and Critical Access Hospital User Guide provide step-by-step guidance for EPs and eligible hospitals on navigating the attestation system
- Attestation worksheets for EPs and eligible hospitals allow users to fill out their meaningful use measure values, so they have a quick reference tool to use while attesting.
- Attestation video webinars will provide a video version of the user guides for EPs, eligible hospitals, and CAHs. The videos show EP and eligible hospital representatives completing the attestation process.
If you are not ready to attest, follow these steps to participate in the programs:
- Make sure you're eligible for the EHR Incentive Programs. View eligibility guidelines on our Eligibility page and select the program in which you want to participate.
- Get registered. Registration is open for EPs, eligible hospitals, and CAHs. Visit the Registration page for more details.
- Use certified EHR technology. To receive incentive payments, make sure the EHR technology you're using or are considering buying has been certified by the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology. Visit our Certified EHR Technology page for details.
- Be a Meaningful User. You have to successfully demonstrate "meaningful use" for a consecutive 90-day period in your first year of participation (and for a full year in each subsequent years) to receive EHR incentive payments. Visit our Meaningful Use page to learn about meaningful use objectives and measures.
- Attest for incentive payments. To get your EHR incentive payment, you must attest through Medicare's secure website that you've demonstrated meaningful use with certified EHR technology.