Click on the links below to navigate key content relevant to BH.
By assisting BH providers in the procurement and implementation of interoperable EHRs and the effective use of these technologies, MeHI can further enable BH initiatives. The use of Health IT can facilitate coordinated patient care, encourage BH and primary care integration, enhance quality of patient care, and decrease healthcare costs.
Click here to learn more about Certified Community Behavioral Health Centers (CCBHCs)
Articles & Resources
- 42 CFR Part 2 Final Rule of the Confidentiality of Substance Use Disorder Patient Records regulations - Health and Human Services Dept. (January 18, 2017)
- Primary Care and Behavioral Health Workforce Integration: Barriers and Best Practices - Behavioral Health Workforce Research Center, University of Michigan, School of Public Health (Feb 2017)
- Health Services Integration - The Executive Office of Health and Human Services (EOHHS)
- Telebehavioral Health Resources - SAMHSA-HRSA Center for Integrated Health Solutions
- Enabling Privacy: Data Segmentation - The Office of the National Coordinator (ONC) www.healthit.gov (Sept 2014)
- Sharing Behavioral Health Information in Massachusetts: Obstacles and Potential Solutions - Blue Cross Blue Shield Foundation of Massachusetts (March 2016) View Report | Webinar Recording | PDF Format
- Attacking the Opioid Crisis Head On with Health IT: Web Resources - The Office of the National Coordinator (ONC)
- Opioid Crisis, Our Response - BCBSMA (October 31, 2016)
- Expanded CMS Matching Funds to Connect Medicaid Providers Ineligible for Meaningful Use to HIE – Webinar Recording
- Facing Addiction in America: The Surgeon General's Report on Alcohol, Drugs, and Health - U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Website | PDF Full Report
Toolkits and Directories
These two toolkits are available to assist healthcare providers in their journey to adopt Health IT. In the toolkits, you will find content that includes instructional documents, workbooks, templates, checklists and more. For more best practices, also access the Support section featuring Health IT Stories, our Resources library, and eHealth Education. Click on the name of a toolkit below to access the toolkit.
Tools to assist in the procurement of an Electronic Health Record (EHR) system
Tools to assist in the plan and implementation to connect an EHR to a Health Information Exchange (HIE)
A list of Health IT vendor products that provide information technology solutions for the healthcare sector
A list of healthcare organizations enrolled in the Massachusetts Statewide Health Information Exchange (Mass HIway).
Educational Events and Resources
MeHI offers educational events including webinars, seminars, workshops, and conferences. Check out the calendar of events.
Use the support page to access presentations, videos and recordings about Health IT.
Mass HIway Webinars
Health IT Success Stories
Health IT stories provide insights into how other providers approached Health IT projects and highlight the impact on health and patient care. Read how they resolved challenges, modeled best practices, and built on lessons learned.
eQuality Incentive Grant Program for Behavioral Health
The eQIP program has provided over $1.3M in incentive funds to 25 Massachusetts Behavioral Health organizations, also impacting 166 additional sites, for the adoption of Health IT.
Connected Communities Implementation Grant Program
In Spring 2016, MeHI announced $3M in grants to 7 healthcare organizations working with 78 partner organizations to enhance collaboration and communication among healthcare providers within a community through the use of innovative technologies, such as electronic health records and health information exchanges.