Visit the CMS Website for Updated Information on CY 2017 and Stage 3 Program Requirements
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) is committed to assisting eligible professionals (EPs), eligible hospitals, and critical access hospitals (CAHs) to participate successfully in the Medicare and Medicaid Electronic Health Record (EHR) Incentive Programs.
The recently released Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act of 2015 (MACRA) and Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) and Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) Payment System for calendar year (CY) 2017 final rules include provisions that will affect the EHR Incentive Programs in 2017 and beyond. As a result, we have updated the CMS EHR Incentive Programs website and resources based on changes to the programs.
CMS encourages EPs, eligible hospitals, and CAHs to visit the updated website to find official CMS resources and program information, including:
- 2017 Program Requirements webpage
- Medicaid 2017 Specification Sheets for EPs and hospitals
- Medicaid Stage 3 Specification Sheets for EPs and hospitals
- Medicare 2017 Specification Sheets for Eligible Hospitals, CAHs and Dual-Eligible hospitals attesting to CMS
- Medicare Stage 3 Specification Sheets for Eligible Hospitals, CAHs and Dual-Eligible hospitals attesting to CMS
- The 2017 Program Requirements webpage contains links to new webpages with informational Tip Sheets on Stage 2 and Stage 3 objectives and measures
- Eligible Professionals and Eligible Hospitals/CAHs: What You Need to Know for 2016
- New Centralized Repository webpage to help EPs, eligible hospitals, and CAHs find entities that accept electronic public health data
- Updated Medicaid State Information webpage with a link to the Adopt, Implement, Upgrade 2016 Outreach Toolkit for EPs
- Modified Stage 2 and Stage 3 Measure Tables for Eligible Hospitals and CAHs Attesting to CMS
CMS will continue to update the EHR Incentive Programs website to include additional information and resources for participation in the EHR Incentive Programs in 2017 and beyond. Stay tuned!