|Program name||Medical Assistant Certificate|
|Institution||Holyoke Community College|
|Address||303 Homestead Avenue|
|Certificates and degrees||Certificate|
This certificate program prepares students for employment in health care clinics, hospitals, health maintenance organizations, insurance companies or physician's offices.
Upon completion of this program, the student will be able to:
- Maintain electronic health records for patient data, reimbursement, claims submission and payment.
- Perform basic phlebotomy techniques.
- Describe the major organ systems and pathological conditions that affect the human body.
- Perform electrocardiography procedures.
- Describe the major drug classifications, regarding indications and mechanisms of action, and potential for drug-drug or drug-food interactions.
- Obtain patient history, vital signs and prepare the patient for examination.
Upon successful completion of the medical assisting registry exam, as administered by the American Medical Technologists, the student will become a registered medical assistant (RMA).